In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(divine nature, being)divinidad feminine
- Traditionally, Nigerians believe that there are two types of divinities: the Supreme Being, and the subordinate deities.
- A disciple of Confucius once asked, ‘Master, how should we treat the spirits and divinities?’
- There is ongoing interdependence between the living, the living-dead (those remembered by name), spirits and divinities, and the Supreme Being.
- Mountains contain divinity or kami and are sources of necessary water.
- In ancient China mountains were seen as divinities who had the power to send needed rain.
- The rivers are female divinities, food and life bestowing mothers.
- We don't need a directive or a definable god to feel the presence of divinity.
- To have your ultimate concern distributed in different directions is like polytheism - worship of many divinities.
- To be gripped by one great integrating, imperative concern or desire is like monotheism - worship of one divinity.
- Of all the religious practices and beliefs concerned with feminine divinities it is Shaktism which gives the Goddess a place of supreme importance.
- So that, actually, in India, Kali is the great divinity.
- The pagan insisted that divinity was in trees and in all of nature.
- They recognize a wide range of supernatural beings, including demons, ancestral spirits, and divinities such as the sun god Surya and the rice goddess Dewi Sri.
- True, he was a confirmed atheist, who had no patience for divinity, prayers or rituals.
- The idols that have originally been introduced to serve as devotional media had got elevated to the status of divinity.
- For the pagan, the alienation from divinity is so palpable and painful that it must be overcome at all costs, even if ethics are the price.
- When meeting a scientist who also believes in divinity, the defiantly atheist New York Times science writer Natalie Angier starts popping mental veins.
- Then, if one understands Brahma to be the transcendent aspect of divinity, the perception of Sarasvati as immanent accords well with Her being His shakti.
- Agni, the fire God is an important Rig Vedic divinity.
- The Vajrayana sect took this a step further and introduced female divinities to Buddhist worship akin to Hinduism.
- In its 44 years the Union has had as prime ministers three generals, one doctor of divinity and now a ‘mister’.
- Ukrainian Orthodox clergy are educated in divinity schools such as the Kyiv Theological Academy.
- He was ordained an Anglican priest in 1960 and earned a bachelor of divinity in 1965 and a master of theology in 1966 from King's College in London.
- John Rogers, the first martyr, was a lecturer in divinity at St Paul's Cathedral, London.
- Unlike his predecessors and most Lutheran clergy, Hanson earned his first divinity degree at a non-Lutheran institution, Union Theological Seminary in New York.
- Going on to study divinity at the University of St Andrews, Playfair undertook his theological studies at St Mary's College, St Andrews.
- He received his master of divinity degree from Moravian Theological Seminary in 1988 and was ordained that same year.
- Barrow had taken an oath to study divinity when he was admitted as a fellow, and, after briefly studying medicine, he began studying divinity again.
- Having been an ordained pastor with a doctorate in divinity and a masters degree in biblical studies, he knew what had taken place.
- His love affair with The Stand began in 2000 when the comic came to Edinburgh to study divinity.
- When I give a fellow an honorary doctor of divinity, it's just a little piece of paper.
- He revolted from the Roman Church and by 1613-14 was again a Protestant, later becoming a doctor of divinity at Cambridge and chaplain to the king.
- This school was the first of the ‘literary and theological institutions,’ a mixture of liberal arts and divinity objectives.
- He later earned a master of divinity from St. Paul School of Theology in 1974.
- It was simply pigeon-holed by these doctors of divinity.
- In 1984 he moved to Canada, where he did a masters in divinity and licentiate in moral theology at the University of Toronto.
- But in 1973, Case's career took a sharp turn when he decided to study divinity at the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena.
- Queasiness at the sight of blood curtailed a medical career, and Darwin went to Cambridge to study divinity and join the church.
- Seminaries, schools of theology, divinity schools, and churches must face the pressing and rising presence of diversity.
- In several universities, divinity schools were among the most vibrant sources of ideas and sustained engagement.
2also divinity fudge
golosina hecha a base de azúcar, almíbar de maíz, clara de huevo etc
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.