In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1divorciado masculinedivorciada feminine
- However, divorcees must show their divorce certificates when remarrying.
- Preference is given to physically or mentally challenged women, widows, divorcees and those from the lowest income groups.
- Young people, many of them single, divorcees, the elderly seeking retirement havens and immigrants, all fuel the demand for new property.
- Death is also kinder on the survivor, since people tend to be nicer to widows than to divorcees.
- I became immune to the horror stories of broken marriages and learnt that widows carried far less emotional baggage than divorcées.
- A woman must accept her husband taking second, third and fourth wives since divorcees have few chances to earn a livelihood.
- About 75% of wedding ceremonies in the Unitarian church in Dublin are booked by young Catholics and divorcees who want to marry in a church setting.
- The novel's heroine, Stella, is a thirty-something divorcee and single mum on a quest for love.
- It may work in a limited number of cases, but the relationship between the divorcees would need to be extremely amicable.
- In my diocese I get an average of 10 calls a week from my clergy seeking my approval for them to marry divorcees.
- Critics fear it will spark a shortage of accommodation if widows, divorcees and groups of singles drop plans to take in lodgers.
- Although some children may thrive even after their parents get divorced, taken as a group, the children of divorcees are at serious risk.
- But more importantly, these singles are not just recent graduates or widows and divorcees in their golden years.
- We could warn the single, brunette divorcees in the area.
- Pensioners, the young, singles and divorcees all now look upon wash day as a social occasion.
- There's a string of more complicated provisions that affect, for example, widows, widowers and divorcees.
- So, although Charles is, in the eyes of the CofE, a widower, Camilla is a divorcée, and therefore cannot be married in a Church.
- Of the 1,831 people over 16 in the area, 296 were divorcees - nearly twice the national average of 8.2 per cent.
- Thousands and thousands of jobs materialized for divorcees in the desert with three kids.
- No single parents, no divorcees, no childless couples are welcome in this coalition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.