In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derogatoryhacedor de buenas obras masculine humoroushacedora de buenas obras feminine humorous
- But if so, why should council do-gooders interfere?
- The dewy-eyed do-gooders might be pleased to know that whoever wins government at the next election our detention centres will still be here.
- They don't want do-gooders coming along and deciding to give it to organisations that aren't run by consumers; they want to protect the money.
- She loves her ‘team’ of fellow do-gooders, loves the challenge, the sense of accomplishment.
- Politicians and middle-class do-gooders have interfered with the balance of a vulnerable sociological ecosystem.
- The main blame lies with the do-gooders who have interfered by saying you can't smack a child etc.
- Much Ado About Nothing tells the tale of two relationships and the meddling do-gooders who muck them up.
- Politicians or other misguided do-gooders won't be able to meddle.
- Thus, there was little a well-meaning band of foreign do-gooders could achieve by meddling.
- Is there any limit at all on how far do-gooders are willing to dumb down our educational system in the name of helping students feel good about themselves?
- What do these so called humanitarian do-gooders expect?
- What qualifies do-gooders to give economic advice?
- Keeping in line with the tradition of panto you can be sure the show will have its fair share of villains, do-gooders, idiots and of course the inevitable love matches.
- In conclusion, if the do-gooders want to do real good they should protest at pensioners being threatened with prison sentences for non-payment of council tax!
- Once again the police are fighting their battle against crime with one arm tied behind their backs; and once again it is the Government and its cronies of do-gooders who are doing the tying.
- Society became flooded with well-meaning do-gooders who bumbled about in the most hopeless manner.
- And in Alaska, the do-gooders fight bears with pepper spray.
- America's distinctive do-gooders have been keeping the public safe by patrolling the streets and subways of the Big Apple for more than 25 years.
- What right have these do-gooders to deny the bulk of the population good quality chicken at a price they can afford.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.