In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The question of credibility raises the issue of whether the documentary source is biased.
- Instead one has to go back to the language of the clause in its documentary and factual context and try to see what it means.
- Surviving manuscripts have been preserved by chance, so there will always be lacunae in the documentary record.
- We had told Mr Blunkett's officials about our irrefutable documentary evidence before he wrote his article.
- His published record was the first documentary evidence in Europe of the existence of the New World.
- So although this theory is often repeated, the documentary sources do not support it.
- Most of our understanding of the Black Death has come from documentary sources.
- In fact, the documentary record is always depressingly full of fragments and gaps.
- The tribunal also had regard to some 3,000 pages of documentary material provided by the parties.
- These photos gave me a documentary record that I could draw upon later during the writing.
- This will serve as documentary evidence in case of any problems later.
- The discussion so far has been mainly based upon literary and documentary evidence.
- Why is the earliest documentary evidence from 1964, when most people remember ska from earlier than that?
- Your Honour, rare is the case that is tried where the documentary record is pristine and intact.
- However, these customers would also have to provide documentary proof of their claims.
- That was despite MI5 agents eventually providing documentary evidence to prove the men had been in Britain.
- Both have continued in their claims to have Welsh antecedents despite further new documentary evidence to the contrary.
- It's not a documentary analysis of how the far right organises itself.
- Everything was drawn from primary research with living survivors and from documentary eyewitness accounts.
- The downside of the online boom is the worry that historians will lose a documentary record.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.