In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Association were provided with a complete set of the contract documentation at the outset of the development.
- Appropriate legal documentation is required, however, if the caregiver is not the biological parent.
- Formal documentation of song texts, music and dance is both crucial and illuminating.
- This collection represents the first documentation of the species from South Carolina.
- Historical documentation can be classified as either ancient documents or official public documents.
- Sometimes it takes weeks, months, to acquire not just accurate information, but documentation to back up your story.
- Make sure that you receive the proper documentation from your financial services provider.
- There are three main pieces of evidence against the men - forensics, witness testimony and false travel documentation.
- The company scans and uploads all the documentation associated with a building project including maps and diagrams.
- This study also relies on biographical accounts and primary historical documentation.
- Do you know anyone who might be able to provide forged documentation, such as work visas?
- The complainant will be invited to supply any additional relevant documentation.
- Considerable time was spent discussing the need for documentation in relation to the policy.
- The level of documentation associated with patients had also increased over the last year.
- The paper trail, while not long, provides sufficient supporting documentation.
- If use is required during competition, the athlete should provide proper documentation.
- It so happened that most of the teachers who supervised the documentation of relevant '98 material from the West were male.
- Extensive documentation is required to establish both claim and identity.
- We submitted all the necessary documentation to the tax office for audit.
- I answered the door and although he had a badge with his name on, he didn't carry any official documentation.
- All information and documentation regarding disabilities is strictly confidential.
- The R & D property, he says, includes prototypes and all documentation pertaining to a new product.
- Librarians also could play a key role in creating and improving documentation with free software projects.
- I submitted all necessary documentation by August 2001 but have heard nothing since.
- People cannot be expected to defend themselves, or provide relevant documentation, until they know what they have been accused of.
- It was simply an order of business and documentation that had to be taken place for the records.
- Since no documentation is ever provided, this must be treated with scepticism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.