nounPlural dodos, Plural dodoes
- The tam is thought to have evolved to survive passage through the gullet of the island's biggest, flightless bird, the dodo.
- The dodo species consisted of three flightless branches - the dodo of Mauritius, the solitaire of Reunion island, and the Rodriguez solitaire that lived on tiny Rodriguez island.
- One of her donations to the museum is reputed to be the only egg in existence of the extinct, flightless dodo bird.
- First described by explorers around 1600, the dodo was extinct fewer than 80 years later.
- A giant flightless bird like the dodo is on the extreme end of avian evolution.