In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1signo del dólar masculinesímbolo del dólar masculine
- Now multiply 120,000 by 75 million and add a dollar sign.
- Every tree cut in this forest can be translated into a simple and widely recognizable symbol: the dollar sign.
- Make all entries without a dollar sign or comma but with a decimal point and cents.
- However, this morning the number key containing the dollar sign stopped working, followed by the delete key and the return key.
- It is merely a question of conveying instructions to the printers to effect the removal of the US dollar sign on the scratch card and replace it with the word minutes.
- Can you explain the significance of ‘living spaces that are not bound to the dollar sign?’
- There are other kinds of friendship you just can't put a dollar sign on.
- We simply hate everything that has the dollar sign attached to it.
- Right beside it is a big number with a dollar sign at the front.
- Some interpret it narrowly and say, ‘We're in charge of only the things that have a dollar sign in front of them.’
- I think we could find a dollar sign somewhere here.
- The problem of the 21st century is the problem of the dollar sign.
- The CEO then leaves ‘amicably’ to ‘pursue other interests’, and he's handed a giant sack with a dollar sign on the side of it on his way out the door.
- I don't think it's full disclosure unless there's a dollar sign there.
- Instead, a large white bag with a dollar sign on it appeared in his hand.
- If they tell a bit of truth instead of worrying about the dollar sign, maybe we'll get a bit of justice.
- From the sky fell a bulging burlap sack, emblazoned with an enormous dollar sign.
- Squeezed in above the left arrow key is a dedicated Euro key, and above the right hand key, a dollar sign.
- It's easier to put a dollar sign on a software purchase than to do so on lost or gained productivity.
- The new packaging emphasizes the dollar sign logo and has added richer colors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.