In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I would argue that its economic future would be jeopardized by elimination of the currency board and that a better course would involve full dollarization.
- In particular, he emphasizes the loss of seigniorage as a result of moving from national currency to dollarization.
- The appreciated exchange rate and the partial dollarization of the local banking system are not necessary ingredients of a currency board regime.
- Where inflation and nominal interest rates are very high, dollarization may improve government finances by increasing real revenue.
- Monetarists have also defended the use of currency boards and direct dollarization, that is, the abandonment of domestic currencies, for the same reason.
- He had disclosed his intention to carry on the dollarization programme set up by his predecessor.
- They know from elsewhere that the dollarization process would hit them particularly hard.
- Leaders also revealed plans for a 48-hour stoppage on May 1 against the dollarization of the currency and for freedom for political prisoners.
- Last but not least, full dollarization can improve the global economy by allowing for easier integration of economies into the world's market.
- The easiest to implement would be dollarization at current parity.
- Despite these protests, the government has insisted that dollarization is in the best interest of its citizens.
- For years a good part of the economics profession has been telling it to scrap the currency board in favor of dollarization.
- In qualitative terms, the benefits of official dollarization also apply to a currency board system, although their quantitative significance will vary from country to country.
- Things like fixed exchange rates or dollarization don't seem to work, but unfettered capital movements all too often result in a boom/bust cycle that seems wholly unnecessary.
- The costs of official dollarization compared with a currency board are somewhat different.
- The dollarization of local savings and credits played important roles in agents' perceptions and behavior.
- The demonstrations rejected dollarization, corruption and the high cost of living.
- Inflation rates and past depreciation in the exchange rate were largely used as explanatory variables for dollarization.
- In our ongoing analysis of international financial architecture, the author argues that dollarization is at most a second-best answer to currency confusion.
- Financial markets in the U.S. dollar and euro, the two most likely currencies for countries considering official dollarization, are far deeper than those in any other currency.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.