- Tolstoy tried to mix domesticity and family life, but he would come downstairs after writing and see his family playing and his eyes would well up.
- A more sympathetic reading of the trend toward domesticity would see it as a desperate last stand in the face of powerlessness.
- Contemporary design, while admirable for its sense of cheerful modernity, needs to be careful to retain the essential element of warm domesticity.
- We do it too, sometimes, and it's one of my unhappinesses with my current domesticity.
- There are also delightful touches of domesticity.
- In the interwar era masculinity was defined principally in terms of a man's ability to support a family, rather than his independence from domesticity.
- Soon, both couples have children, and settle into neighbourly domesticity.
- You rolling stones are best off investigating the pleasures of domesticity this week.
- This respected firm's contribution to local architecture is surely without equal, and they have turned many a wild space into a haven of domesticity.
- She describes her mother as ‘wonderful’, an expert homemaker who wanted nothing outside domesticity.
- But she does not want to cloud the uncompromising nature of her message that politics isn't working with forays into domesticity.
- In contrast to the perception of fire as a threat to the city, the controlled fire has a central role in ideas of domesticity and community.
- She gave up a promising movie career for a life of domesticity.
- What about a market stall: was it a sacred slice of domesticity in the midst of a public square or an open space?
- I, on the other hand, have had a weekend of domesticity.
- Many of her paintings represent scenes of charming bourgeois domesticity featuring members of her family, especially her daughter.
- Her process-based work incorporates ephemeral traces of domesticity with feminist art practice.
- They convey a message about women and domesticity, and challenge the notions of craft art vs. high art.
- She sighs loudly, at me and my domesticity or something else, I'm not sure.
- But suddenly the scenes of domesticity were interrupted by sound of a war horn as the Viking warriors re-enacted a battle.