In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Their domination could be gauged from the fact that not even a single boy found his way in the merit list.
- It's a sentiment which is only consolidated by their domination of their home event.
- The remaining half hour contained a predictable level of domination from the league leaders.
- They sense their domination of the debate in canteens, cafés and coffee bars.
- There are those, though, who think that comedy has now risen to a level of unhealthy domination.
- He gave ample evidence of his talent during his domination of the Scandinavian Masters.
- I hope so, because no conglomerate deserves total world cyberspace domination.
- It was the first success for an English car and put an end to the French domination of the first two races.
- His quiet-spoken manner hides a steely determination for domination in movie making.
- Modest, sober clothing was a manifestation of reason's domination over instinct.
- He's the sort of guy who won't be satisfied until he achieves global domination.
- It is very strange, this domination of our intellect by our digestive organs.
- It might sound like an early Bond film, but these people are not after world domination.
- I am yet to meet a man, in a partnership or otherwise, who doesn't exert total domination of this device.
- The domination of these agencies has been enabled by developments in digital technology.
- They only talk about it as an attempt at exploitation, domination and plunder.
- He is currently working on a book about the Stone Age and the evolution of human domination.
- It is not a battle for territorial domination, ideological supremacy or economic hegemony.
- Here is a woman who long ago established her total domination of an extraordinarily tough business.
- Poverty is a by-product of domination of the needs of profit over the needs of people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.