In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(blood/money/organ) donar(services) prestar desinteresadamente
- We know that many people have already generously donated money and time to help the victims.
- More than 40 items have already been donated for two auctions.
- All relatives were asked whether the patient carried a donor card or had expressed a wish to donate organs, including corneas.
- Tickets were also sold for excellent prizes generously donated by local businesses.
- We would like to thank everyone who has supported and donated to the appeal.
- Its key role is to ensure that donated organs are matched and allocated in a fair and unbiased way.
- This led to a ban on people who have received a blood transfusion since January 1980 donating blood in the future.
- When he died, his family donated his organs.
- They could also have the meat processed and shipped home, or donated to animal orphanages.
- The surplus streetcars were sold or donated to museums around the country.
- So you can donate both organs for lifesaving transplants and organs or tissues for research.
- The story, as it unfolded, concerned her desire to donate blood as she had done several times in the past.
- If you're doing a promotion that involves donating money to a charity, send it to the business section of your local paper.
- We'll donate all the proceeds to a charity.
- Both teams kindly donated their prize money back to the funds.
- As a further precaution, should previously transfused people not be allowed to donate blood?
- All subjects agreed to anonymously donate blood and urine samples and gave written informed consent to participate in the study.
- All donated blood is tested and those tests have shown to be 99.95 percent accurate.
- They also held a number of giveaways during the day, with prizes generously donated by local businesses.
- He babbled about giving some to charity, investing some, donating more to charity, and something else.
- These steps include not donating blood, tissue or organs, and ensuring they tell their doctors and dentists if they undergo treatment in future.
- They died because not enough organs were donated for transplantation.
- Many refugees are using donated clothing to keep their livestock warm as temperatures plunge to near freezing at night.
- In the whole of the UK last year 332 live kidneys were donated by blood relatives or spouses.
- The venue was kindly donated by the members of the hall committee.
- The choice to donate the organ must be free of coercion or manipulation, either social or financial.
- Last year's winner received his cash scholarship and was also able to donate money to a charity that helps students pay for their schooling.
- The office was well-stocked with informative material and free handouts, donated by numerous sponsors from both business and government.
- A host of wartime memorabilia has been donated to the museum for the exhibition.
- All items auctioned were donated by the public.
- Very few medical conditions automatically disqualify you from donating organs.
- Amid all of this emotional chaos, the boy's father walked up to me and thanked me for donating blood to try to save his son.
- On the day that you donate blood, you should drink plenty of liquid (but not alcohol) and you should eat your normal meals.
- He donated large sums of money to charity and established scholarship trusts to help Asian students come to Scotland to study.
- I have no doubt that some of these patients will one day get a gift of life from someone who donates their organ for transplantation after death.
- There was a declining willingness of the public to donate organs for research.
- The huge outcry in the wake of last year's organ retention scandals has had a very damaging effect with a large drop in the number of people donating organs for transplantation.
- They had not previously thought about donating his organs so now many, many people were able to receive transplants last night due to their son.
- Many people donate to charity, and I see that a charities bill is in the programme this year.
- He paid tribute to all who has donated to his food appeal this year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.