In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(gift)donativo masculinedonación feminineto make a donation (to sth) — hacer una donación / un donativo (a algo)
- There is a vital need for kidney organ donations.
- Vanessa raised hundreds of pounds for the charity by playing requests in exchange for donations to the appeal.
- Sending a cash donation directly to a local church or synod may sound like a wonderful idea.
- They are unelected activists, funded by private donations from wealthy individuals and foundations.
- In addition, our charitable trust provides donations to national and local causes.
- Two large individual donations have also been announced for the school's new home.
- As well as this kind gesture many other people have given cash donations to the strike fund.
- We have set up donation boxes at the toilets and every little bit helps.
- Financial donations to the victims' families have reached more than a billion dollars.
- In addition, many patients are waiting for blood or bone marrow donations.
- However, these kinds of charitable donations are not tax-deductible.
- A couple who gave their 50th blood donation were presented with awards to mark their achievement.
- The group depends on grants, donations and parental contributions to keep going.
- It has had a long history of gifts, donations and support from the local community.
- Many of his sponsors doubled their donations, and the money was presented last Friday.
- The service is free to listeners, though some do send donations with their returned tapes.
- The fund was established in 1995, mainly based on donations from the public.
- On Wednesday the school sent a letter to parents asking for donations and the money started to flood in.
- A team of six staff helped shoppers pack their groceries in return for donations to the charity.
- Giving a charitable donation in the name of a friend is another way to avoid handing over unwanted gifts.
- If you haven't been tested for bone marrow donation, consider getting tested.
- Therefore this is your last opportunity to make that all-important gift or cash donation to the charity.
- All donations of household items in serviceable condition and clean modern clothes are welcome.
- Any donations of small items or old toys will be gratefully accepted.
- Introduce full state funding for political parties, and ban private political donations.
- The Information Centre in Regent Street will also take donations of clothing and bedding.
- New artefacts are being brought in all the time either by donation or bequest.
- The event saw a brief presentation on eye donation followed by a question and answer session.
- Her parents freely gave their consent for donation of any of her organs.
- He made large charitable donations to the school until his death.
- I can do this only through the sustained support and generous donations of the general public.
- We would encourage you to be as generous as you can with your donations to the appeal.
- But this makes the shortage of organs for donation even more severe and people are dying as a result.
- Donations of items for the auction and stalls is now most welcome.
- How many of us actually carry donor cards, or even think about donation beyond going to a blood bank every now and again?
- He paid tribute to the officers who broach the subject of tissue donation with bereaved families.
- We know that many relatives say no to organ donation simply because they do not know what their loved one would have wanted.
- The informal show will be staged next Thursday and Friday evening, with admission by donation.
- Perhaps the best way to illustrate the importance of blood donation is to look at a case history.
- It was at that stage that her family started seriously considering organ donation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.