In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carrera de burros feminine
- This year we're going to have donkey classes for the first time and we also hope to have a donkey derby.
- There will be a dog agility display, donkey derby, traditional Irish country cooking, trade stalls, amusements, and lots more, with entertainment for all ages.
- Many of the attractive houseplants sold by your local supermarket or garden centre are, to the expert eye, like a frisky racehorse being bought by someone whose equestrian experience is no more extensive than a donkey derby.
- For the past five years a committee in the area has organised an annual donkey derby in the picturesque seaside resort, the proceeds of which have gone to assist health and education projects in Africa.
- The other hot topic is this week's donkey derby between Wolves and Leicester.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.