In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Either way the result is a similar biochemical effect - the production of neurotransmitters like dopamine.
- The ability of the brain to absorb or produce chemicals such as dopamine or serotonin is what leads to the illness.
- Well, dopamine is a brain neurotransmitter, and it's believed to regulate movement.
- These drugs all act in the brain to stimulate receptors that recognize the chemical messenger substance dopamine.
- Other brain chemicals besides serotonin, such as dopamine and noradrenaline, also play an important part in mood.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.