In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It binds to a number of receptor sites in the body, including serotonin, adrenergic and dopaminergic receptors.
- Its primary actions alter both the dopaminergic and the opioid systems as well as other neurotransmitter systems.
- Those who had taken levodopa or a dopaminergic agonist in the preceding two months were excluded.
- The causes of mania and depression are biochemical changes in adrenergic and dopaminergic brain messengers.
- Effects of glucocorticoids on dopaminergic activity are also strongly context and regionally dependent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.