In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informal(stupid person)ganso masculine informalgansa feminine informalbaboso masculine Latin America informalbabosa feminine Latin America informal
- I found them to be almost universally composed of ninnies and power-hungry dorks.
- The last five years has seen webloggia change from a couple of hundred dorks mucking around on the internet to a few million dorks mucking around on the internet and being talked about a conferences.
- Most of the editors will readily admit to being any of the following: dorks, nerds, or geeks.
- These dorks are the most unoriginal losers out there.
- I knew I looked like a complete dork, but no one was there, so I didn't care.
- If they're not portrayed as awkward dorks, then they're cold and menacing psychopaths.
- Why should I be nice to someone who calls me an idiot and a dork?
- I also remember what these dorks said during those ever-so ‘blissful months’ and it wasn't exactly bliss.
- Once the organisers and corporate mucky-mucks left the stage, the assembled audience of media dorks were treated to a surprisingly good preview of what is to come this September.
- They were a group made up mostly of men who were all nerds and geeks and dorks in high school who went on to become brilliant and funny and irresistible in college.
- I know I am such a dork or geek or whatever, but I got it done.
- Secondly, there is a big difference between a nerd and a dork.
- My fiancé and I, being dorks, were chittering about whether the animals shown in the opening sequence have any real significance on the fighting style.
- Unfortunately for him it is not entirely populated by dorks, and the same people that can succeed in sport can also have sharp intellect.
- I don't think you come across as a dork in e-mail at all, although you sure do send a lot of it!
- How many nerds and dorks do you see standing in front of the ‘I love you section’ at the card store?
- But there is bad news for dorks like me and, I suspect, quite a few people in this room: journalism has changed forever.
- These dorks thought it might be worthwhile to spend money on this.
- From dorks to geeks, and everything between, beer has something for everyone.
- I had the back door open, so I just thought they were lying in the doorway, being dorks.
2USvulgar slang(penis)verga feminine vulgar slangpija feminine River Plate vulgar slangpolla feminine Spain vulgar slangpico masculine Chile vulgar slang
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.