In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1his doting mother — su madre, que lo adora
- Fourteen years later, she's a fixture at the school, a doting first-grade teacher.
- No doubt they broadly wished to please her, which would incidentally have disposed the doting King in their favour.
- He spent about four hours casting from various angles, without a hook, watching the trout with the eyes of a doting daddy.
- He frequently complimented her, playing the part of the doting husband to the hilt.
- At first glance, Brian seems like a normal doting father.
- Every few feet he was accosted by more doting women than a film actor.
- Gary, meanwhile, says he'd like nothing better than to be the doting grandparent of Greg's sons.
- He got a headstart: his doting parents taught him to read early, to study hard, to take on responsibility for himself.
- Doting mother of two, devoted spouse, Pippa Lee has a complex past.
- She loved and adored him but he wasn't exactly the doting husband.
- They are also doting grandparents to nine lovely grandchildren.
- An erudite, doting wife, Eileen, who calls him darling in lovely, wartime tones, completes the cosy mirage.
- The visible tableau reveals a dutiful father and a doting son.
- The attendant asked Sue, with the same doting, placid face, the same question.
- He tended to its every complaint with the attention of a doting mother to a sick child.
- Bruno is a dissolute character who lives with his doting mother.
- You are sure to lap up the special doting treatment emanating from your mate.
- Being summoned by a doting pet can be one of the more endearing ways to return to our senses.
- In at the birth of the peace process, Hayden remained a doting parent throughout the nineties.
- Death will come that afternoon, quietly, before his doting sisters return from school.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.