In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1double-blind experiment — experimento de doble ciego masculine
- And it isn't clear how much of that research would meet the gold standard in clinical research, the controlled, randomised, double-blind trial.
- Afterward, we would try some double-blind tests of their claims.
- If a curative effect doesn't show up in double-blind tests, then you're mainly talking about the placebo effect, in any case.
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind trial was conducted at 45 health centers in Norway between 1996 and 1998.
- Teaching pupils the rudiments of double-blind tests, clinical trial methods and general principles of factoring studies for other influences would clear these scientific confusions.
- The authors studied 29 randomized, double-blind trials that documented reductions in lesions, and several systematic reviews.
- The study was a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind crossover trial in healthy volunteers.
- Several recent double-blind trials have found that this herb has no advantage over placebo for treating colds.
- I challenged him to a simple international double-blind test in which he would be asked to identify which of several flasks had been activated.
- Nine other studies were not included because they were not randomized, double-blind trials, meaning that their results could be biased.
- Both have been tested in double-blind trials and found to help relieve symptoms of frequent urination in mild prostate enlargement.
- This, too, is subject to simple double-blind evaluation.
- Initial trials looked encouraging; however, it lost its allure after double-blind trials.
- I strongly advise you to conduct proper double-blind tests of any ability you believe you can demonstrate, before attempting to undergo a testing for this prize.
- Currently, this is the only pharmaceutical agent that has undergone thorough study in double-blind trials and is the only FDA-approved drug specific for IC.
- I am only interested in proper double-blind tests, as I pointed out to you in our previous correspondence.
- In December, researchers at the University of Wisconsin reported the results of a double-blind test of echinacea, a popular herbal remedy for the common cold.
- The research, funded by the National Institutes of Health, was notable because it was double-blind clinical trials, the gold standard of medical research.
- The study was conduced as a randomized, double-blind crossover trial over 7 consecutive weeks during the months of November and December.
- Proper experiments should be double-blind, Carnoy says, as in drug trials.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.