In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1programa doble masculine
- The double bill consists of A Slight Ache and Ashes to Ashes.
- Northern Broadsides are on the march with a Shakespeare double bill of The Merry Wives and the first major production of King John for more than ten years.
- Geoffrey Whitworth Theatre continues to deliver high standards of challenging drama with a one-act double bill featuring Stoppard's A Separate Peace and Vaclav Havel's Audience.
- A double bill of theatrical productions from two much-loved stories of Oscar Wilde, will be performed at the Linenhall Arts Centre on Thursday next, August 25th at 8pm.
- This year's event is being held next Saturday, May 29, and there's a great double bill featuring entertainment from two of our top Country and Irish music performers.
- We know each other from working in the theatre together and doing a Pinter double bill.
- Saturday, May 7 sees a special double bill of entertainment for The Allingham Arms Hotel in Bundoran.
- His third visit to Glasgow's CCA comes at the end of this week, and will see him perform a double bill of works that would doubtless make his friend Amanda proud.
- I went to see a double bill of two plays by Harold Pinter.
- The double bill comprises The Ruffian on the Stair and The Erpingham Camp, both plays originally commissioned for radio and then re-written and expanded for the theatre.
- Two highly-acclaimed and award-winning American plays from last year's Edinburgh Festival will make their London debut as a double bill.
- This lively production, which had a sell-out run earlier this year, is part of a double bill from Cartway productions for the 2002 Fringe Theatre Festival.
- This double bill of monologues from the creative team Urmum Productions creates a powerful exploration of twisted masculinity and a search for catharsis that comes as a result of a wasted or tragic life.
- At the Live Arts Festival to perform his double bill Rite of Spring and Behind Resonance, he shows he's not just a choreographer but a visual artist of the highest caliber.
- Everything changed in 1962 when I wandered into a double bill of Resnais movies at a Boston art theater.
- Beckett & Brecht is the collective title for the double bill at the newly refurbished Theatre Centre.
- I say a double bill, but both these offerings are so brief that they feel like scenes towards plays rather than real theatrical meat.
- For the lucky many who came, it was an entertaining double bill.
- The play was originally conceived as part of a double bill.
- Last night I happened to watch two excellent TV programmes, a double bill of Middleton's excellent Surviving Extremes series, which pit the Oxbridge don and travel writer against the world's most inhospitable climates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.