- Season with a pinch of salt, add double cream, bubble for another minute or two, shaking the pan occasionally, until the sauce is reduced and nice and glossy.
- The organic ice cream is being condemned for having a far higher proportion of real double cream, and no artificial sweeteners.
- It might be that English double cream has more butterfat than American heavy cream; it sure did whip up fast.
- Already doctored with sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt, commercial horseradish sauce can be served as it is or beefed up with fresh chives, capers, crème fraîche or double cream for extra richness.
- It became extinct but has been revived as a rich cream cheese, made from double cream and given a crust of toasted pinhead oatmeal.
- Mackie's is firmly fixed on the ice-cream connoisseur and the company's core ingredients are fresh double cream and whole milk from the farm's own Jersey cows.
- I wasn't sure what whipped double cream was, so I just beat my crème fraîche with a whisk before adding it in.
- Serve with creme fraiche or double cream, lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Use skimmed Fromage Frais or Fromage Blanc instead of double cream or crème fraiche.
- Larousse mentions that the soup can be served hot or ice-cold, with double cream, mussels and grated Parmesan cheese served separately.
- Measure 500 ml double cream and combine half of it with 250 ml whole milk.
- Chill and serve with double cream or crème fraîche, and exercise the next day.
- The whip is put together with mayonnaise, lime juice, double cream and walnuts.
- Meanwhile, crush 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh thyme in your hand, just enough to bruise the leaves, and drop them into 175 ml double cream in a small, shallow pan.
- Those exercising low-carb caution should look elsewhere for dessert - everyone else can get stuck into stodgy favourites like banoffee or pecan pie with double cream.
- The bar, made at Nestlé's York factory, is the first milk chocolate bar to be made with double cream and contains no milk powder, whey or milk solid substitutes.
- Mix the batter ingredients and then carefully add water until the mixture is the consistency of double cream, heavy enough to coat your dipped finger.
- Made with organic double cream instead of condensed milk, it has a wonderfully gooey texture and rich, chocolatey taste, sharpened by the cranberries.
- Set this over a pan of gently simmering water and whisk, using an electric hand whisk or balloon whisk, for at least 10 minutes until you have a pale golden light, stable foam, the consistency of thick double cream.
- In the middle of the morning we had Cappuccinos in German style with thick double cream, and cakes with the same, which were delicious.