1(in UK: degree)título universitario obtenido después de haber recibido en dos especialidades la nota máxima de la escala de calificaciones
- An accomplished classical pianist and a double first in Maths Physics, he was always a man apart.
- He is one such: not only did he get a double first at Cambridge - which, admittedly, is an achievement open to all - he is a book reviewer too, which is not.
- His aide, an implausibly smooth chap who probably has a double first in the novels of John Grisham and Raymond Chandler, says he's hiding and asks me to come to his suite.
- He grew up in Addingham and joined Rough Guides as a writer after graduating from Cambridge with a double first in English Literature.
- He won a scholarship to Harrow School, where he became head boy, and then went to University College, Oxford, which he left with a double first.
- A double first from Oxford and he had a social conscience?
- Any fool with a ‘a double first from King's College, Cambridge specialising in philosophy’ could have done that, they were just too posh.
- Listing the amazing range of engine technology, suspension dynamics, and even braking and safety set-ups would take forever, and you need a double first in electronics and engineering to understand it all.
- But for the past decade it seems that even the lowliest gossip columnist or weather girl has to have a double first from Oxbridge or a famous father.
- He was educated at Rugby School and Queen's College, Cambridge, where he obtained a double first, before joining St Thomas's Hospital in 1962.
- Her daughter, a resolute young lady, was one the ‘New Women’ with a double first in Mathematics and a desire to make her way in the city - as it then was.
- The business world might look formidable from the outside but not everyone has a double first in economics and maths from St Andrews.
- The former Wiltshire county Scout commissioner achieved a double first in classics at Christ's College Cambridge before teaching in London.
- Amber completed her three year degree at Cambridge and in July 1908 she achieved a double first.
- ‘My father was a bit upset because he was a double first in mathematics and engineering,’ he reveals.
- For too long, we have valued effortless brilliance, like the Oxford double first.
- He took a double first in natural sciences at Cambridge before doing his clinical training in London.
- After his health recovered he returned to Oxford and in 1849 was awarded a double first in mathematics and classics.
- Murray's ability to juggle a demanding academic course with her training has already marked her out as resembling Radcliffe, who earned a modern languages double first when a student at Loughborough.
- He went on to score a double first in Computer Science at Cambridge, before finally setting up and becoming Creative Director of his own independent games company, Elixir Studios, at the wise old age of 22.
2(degree holder)persona que tiene un double first