In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lana de hebra gruesa feminine
- Would you please put out a plea this week for wool (double knitting or Arran) from readers, or from local wool shops who would be prepared to give us some free, so that the good work can continue.
- People are wonderful in bringing me wool and I prefer double knitting.
- Donations of double knitting wool would be most appreciated for the crocheting of a blanket in aid of the Lalor Centre.
- Starting out in polyester double knits, Lorber built a plant just outside of Los Angeles in Gardena, CA, for polyester double knitting.
- We are always grateful to anyone who can donate any double knitting wool for this project.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.