In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1doble moral masculineto apply / have double standards — aplicar una ley para unos y otra para otros
- Politics is a world of double standards, hidden agendas, bias and negative activism.
- I think you are employing a double standard here that I don't understand.
- The different treatment displays the existence of a profound double standard.
- The international community has had double standards over this issue.
- And he believes double standards exist in the way road and train drivers are dealt with.
- There are clearly double standards when it comes to accountability for collective failures.
- The persistent application of double standards can bring about undesirable results.
- The arithmetic suggests double standards are not the exclusive property of one side.
- With such double standards how can we expect our children to stop taking ‘street’ drugs?
- The challenge to the postmodern world is to get used to the idea of double standards.
- Externally, we are being pushed by those who believe in hegemony, bias, and double standards.
- It is riddled with inconsistencies, double standards, and sheer confusion.
- The problem is that I have this childish belief in consistency and a dislike of double standards.
- This is not the first time that these double standards have appeared.
- Apologists for the double standard claim the difference lies between one being a dictatorship and the other a democracy.
- I don't get the constant double standards and idiocy of this aesthetically obsessed society we live in.
- Accusations of double standards or nefarious intent would be much harder to sustain.
- One such feature is of course the presence of double standards.
- In media, such double standards become pretty clear if you compare the regional press with the national press.
- These double standards won't pass any test anywhere for fairness and equity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.