In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dos encuentros consecutivos entre los mismos equipos
- This match also doubled as a parade of Scotland hopefuls ahead of the double-header against Croatia and Belgium next month.
- They have one pitcher and they consistently play double-headers.
- He claims that the morale he had developed during the double-header against Iceland and Canada in October, closely followed by the trip to Portugal, was unravelled by nearly three subsequent months without a match.
- To whet the appetite tomorrow is a modest double-header of jumping at Taunton and Ludlow and an all-weather Flat card at Lingfield.
- TNT's Thursday night double-header is the only game on the tube.
- The other half of the double-header pitted the Spurs against the Sonics.
- Three double-headers are scheduled for Kaohsiung and Tienmu over the weekend in order to make up for the time lost because of the rain.
- Still, we managed to beat Italy in the first of a sporting double-header in which our footballers will shortly travel to Italy for a World Cup qualifier.
- The protest was upheld and the game was replayed September 15 as part of a double-header with both teams splitting the twin bill.
- He was back at centre-half 48 hours after operating at full back, one of six City players from the West Brom game completing a double-header.
- The two clubs were due to meet at Rochdale last weekend in the first leg of a double-header but the game was called off due to a dispute between Hornets and the soccer club, who own the Spotland Stadium.
- Five days later, Ruth made a single plate appearance during the first game of a double-header at Philadelphia's Baker Bowl, then removed himself from the game of baseball for good.
- He drew five intentional passes in the second game of a meaningless 1929 double-header with the Phillies.
- It was hard to know how many fans in attendance were there to see their game, the first of a double-header with the men.
- The club has tried to schedule as many double-headers for their home games as possible, with the women playing after the men.
- Though the game was scheduled as a double-header, as the game drew on it was clear that the second game would have to be rescheduled due to approaching darkness.
- It will be the second time in less than a month that the Open racers have had a double-header at the Norfolk venue.
- In a year of unprecedented drawn county football finals, both the junior and intermediate deciders ended all square at Fraher Field last Sunday, setting up a repeat double-header at the same venue on Sunday week.
- The Biancoceleste have had the ideal preparation for the double-header, with a 2-1 win at Udinese at the weekend putting them in the right frame of mind.
- Bamberger made his major-league debut with the New York Giants on April 19, 1951, during a double-header against Boston.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.