In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(entertainment/sound) sureño(entertainment/sound) del sur
- Enter the club's driveway between the Duron Paints store and the entrance to Kelly Drive or follow your nose to the smoky down-home barbecue.
- Ida Mae Kitchen-n-Lounge brings down-home southern cooking north, then gives it a decidedly Manhattan twist.
- Well, I was visiting my relations in the warm, down-home community of Springfield, MO, Queen City Of The Ozarks.
- Here's a down-home version of the Southwest classic that's easy and unpretentious and hits the spot - perfect for a meal that's often eaten out of a Frito bag.
- Life at Iron Horse is a hybrid between the international sophistication of Paris and the down-home country life of rural Sonoma County.
- There has been nothing subtle about the arrival of down-home Southern cooking in London.
- They're just kind of very kind of down-home kind of folks.
- Mills works as a sawyer in Tennessee, and his poems have the kind of down-home intelligence that comes from a man listening to people talk.
- There was plenty of down-home cooking, performances by drag queens, and awards given to various members.
- But down-home flavors won out when the coach and friends shared Chocolate S'mores Cake for dessert.
- We are naturally drawn toward down-home imagery and the feeling of being connected to something larger than ourselves.
- But she is the essence of that contemporary noise, her job is down-home, Texas spin.
- He is an actor who has it all: down-home folksiness and art-house weight, megaplex sex appeal and a deep sense of complex characters.
- I think those down-home, basic, economic issues are going to pull people one way or the other.
- The idea was to create a hip neighborhood restaurant that would serve good Southern-style cooking to upscale customers at down-home prices.
- Mazama's best eats are at the Freestone - think pecan-crusted trout - but for down-home chow, try the Burnt Finger Bar-B-Q.
- It gives you an outstanding collection of arts and cultural venues, fine dining, and good down-home cooking.
- Take your taste buds on a tour of the most succulent seafood and down-home cooking.
- But The Shack by The Track's appeal is more than down-home cooking.
- A bowl of shiny red apples suggests comfort food and good down-home cooking.
2(cooking) casero(appearance) rústico(appeal) de las cosas sencillas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.