In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1síndrome de Down masculinemongolismo masculine offensive dated(child) afectado por el síndrome de Down(child) mongólico offensive dated
- For that reason society offers testing for Down's syndrome, haemophilia, cystic fibrosis, and a range of other genetic conditions.
- This latest research shows that there is an even higher risk of ‘chromosomal abnormalities’ such as Down's syndrome.
- Women over 35 are more likely to have a child with a chromosomal abnormality, such as Down's syndrome.
- In Down's syndrome, an extra copy of chromosome number 21 is included when the sperm and the egg come together to form the embryo.
- In these analyses children with pre-existing conditions, such as Down's syndrome or cerebral palsy, were excluded.
- Sex chromosome anomalies as a group are as common as Down's syndrome, but most affected individuals are never identified
- For example, the presence of an extra twenty-third chromosome causes Down's syndrome.
- Cells from the baby found in the fluid are tested for chromosomal abnormalities such as Down's syndrome.
- Congenital heart disease is common in Down's syndrome, occurring in about 40% of individuals.
- For example, people who have severe genetic disorders or handicaps like Down's syndrome or Siamese twins are kept alive.
- We have used a video of women describing their experiences when undergoing screening for Down's syndrome and open neural tube defects in pregnancy.
- It is probably unlawful to place lower priority on children with Down's syndrome and other disabilities who need heart transplants.
- When women take the decision to end a pregnancy affected by Down's syndrome or spina bifida they are making a personal or individual choice.
- This is the same chromosome of which an extra copy is present in every body cell of people with Down's syndrome.
- Several teeth may be absent in disorders such as Down's syndrome and ectodermal dysplasia.
- Some women aged over 35 years opted directly for amniocentesis, and in others an abnormal scan result led to the diagnosis of Down's syndrome.
- There are a number of similarities in the brains of individuals with Down's syndrome and Alzheimer disease.
- Ultrasound scanning is combined with a number of blood tests spread over a few weeks to look for conditions such as spina bifida and Down's syndrome.
- It is known that head injury is a risk factor, and also that Alzheimer's disease often affects people with Down's syndrome.
- This is an accurate way of finding out whether the baby has a number of genetic or inherited disorders, such as Down's syndrome or cystic fibrosis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.