In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(change to lower gear)cambio a una velocidad inferior masculine
- Even if it did produce lovely vroom-vroom noises on downshifts.
- You can flick up and down the box with a flex of the fingers, the downshifts including a perfectly-timed throttle blip.
- These gearboxes are a lot different, and I probably didn't do a complete downshift.
- Perhaps an electronic ‘blip’ of the throttle on the downshift would have helped.
- The peak torque of 200Nm occurs at 1500 rpm, and it will pull cleanly from 1200 rpm or so, whereas the PSA HDi unit would hunt and demand a downshift.
- They had recently taken some fuel out to reduce the two foot long gobs of flame exiting the exhausts on each downshift, introducing some kangaroo factor at pit exit speed.
- We did a good job and the car worked well apart from a slight problem with the downshift, which cost me a little bit of time.
- These changes mean downshifts and upshifts: If you have a loss of principles in practice, your society will decay.
- In tow haul mode it will even perform multiple downshifts for controlled deceleration, all of which tested well on the loaded trucks we tried.
- We tested it at VIR and, again it's so easy to shift, but I think that's part of the problem is that the thing is so easy to shift that maybe you're over-confident and you're not matching the revs on the downshift.
- In this mode, the vehicle senses when increased engine braking is required and automatically schedules a downshift.
- This is a slightly detuned, more refined version of the 147/156 GTA motor, and its easy, creamy power delivery lets you amble at low speeds without demanding a downshift if the traffic suddenly vanishes.
- Best of all, the engine revs joyously through downshifts, providing a great exhaust note while telling the world this isn't your average TT.
- Acceleration for this vehicle is found to be ample despite occasional transmission delays in full-throttle downshifts.
- Unlike traditional transmissions, the 7-speed will skip up to three gear ratios if necessary during downshifts, providing quick, smooth acceleration.
- For example, if the system detects a drop in vehicle speed prior to entering a turn or a lane change, up to two downshifts can occur to provide the driver with maximum engine response.
- Although the motor blipped perfectly under load such as when doing a heel and toe downshift, blipping the throttle at idle often produced a big hole in response before the motor picked up.
- On the up shift, you lift (off the gas) and shift; on the downshift, you blip and shift.
- Like the V8 it mates to a five-speed automatic with adaptive shift control and a manual mode that matches engine revs on downshifts.
- Depending on the vibrational motion, it could be either an upshift or a downshift.
2(reduction in tempo)ralentización feminine
- This goes back to careful thought around the future and what you hope to attain through the downshift.
- But these downshifts do not bring you any closer to full-time Downers because they are voluntary moves that form a legitimate part of a self-chosen life project.
1(change to lower gear)cambiar a una velocidad inferior
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.