In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These hard facts indicate real motives behind enactment of this draconian law.
- It is madness to suggest the draconian speeding laws we have should apply here.
- Of course, it won't sell over here because we have some of the most draconian censorship laws in the world.
- Mr Banks said that the legislation was draconian in its approach.
- They have called it the most dangerous and draconian legislation ever proposed.
- Imposing draconian laws that restrict civil liberties will not prevent terrorist attacks.
- It's about time we sorted a sensible compromise and not a draconian law.
- This awful, draconian law has not been used to safeguard copyright, however.
- I believe that draconian laws are always wrong and the best society is one with the least legislation.
- No amount of naval ships or coastguards or draconian laws will stop it happening.
- In this way such Treaty Articles are prevented from becoming too harsh or draconian in their application.
- No matter how draconian the laws become, Europe is not capable of shutting its borders.
- Had we been caught, we could have faced two years in jail under draconian new media laws.
- There was worrying talk about it not being possible to repeal the draconian anti-trade union laws.
- There was a time when I would have argued that our libel laws were draconian and should be amended.
- As we look through this part, the question we need to ask is whether it is draconian legislation.
- This draconian legislation included provision for flogging, curfew, and internment.
- New laws are being passed, draconian laws that destroy lives and syphon happiness.
- The penalty imposed by law is not draconian, and serves more as a reminder to perform a common sense action.
- He has supported open prisons and opposed unnecessarily draconian anti-terrorism laws.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.