In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prófugo masculineprófuga feminineinsumiso masculine Spainremiso masculine Andes
- He himself was a draft dodger who came to Canada to avoid the Vietnam War.
- Yes, we had slackers, draft dodgers and antiwar advocates, but they got short shrift, little attention and almost no press.
- As a Quaker, the American was jailed during the Vietnam War for flying draft dodgers to Canada and Mexico.
- Here he is with Hanoi Jane, in the front lines with the flag burners and draft dodgers.
- The discontent spread to the army from which deserters joined draft dodgers in gangs that attacked government supply trains and raided plantations.
- They are following in the footsteps of tens of thousands of military deserters and draft dodgers who went to Canada during the Vietnam War.
- You claim that Rush Limbaugh is a draft dodger who avoided Vietnam because he had a ‘pimple on his rear.’
- Officials have said he is a draft dodger.
- I found it very interesting that in essence he admitted to being a draft dodger…
- A policeman and a draft board employee scour their district for draft dodgers, who utilize all possible means to avoid military service.
- There's worse things you can be than a draft dodger.
- Canada benefitted greatly from the influx of draft dodgers during the Vietnam debacle.
- Ali was also considered by many to be a draft dodger.
- He is a draft dodger who was often AWOL.
- Well I mean, first of all during the Vietnam War, Canada accepted draft dodgers but also deserters.
- There is only one group that likes the idea of conscription less than future draft dodgers: the military.
- On Earth violent criminals and draft dodgers weren't the only kinds of people that ended up here.
- Last but not least, there is the experience of the Vietnam War, when tens of thousands of US draft dodgers and deserters found asylum in Canada.
- Was the current commander-in-chief a draft dodger?
- For the first time in his country's history a draft dodger could get a girlfriend, he explained.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.