1(police operation)operación policial de captura feminineoperativo policial de captura masculine Latin America
(large net)red barredera feminine
- Fishermen still using dragnets are being urged by the Trat provincial authority to turn to tourism as an alternative profession, in the hope that this will mitigate the impact of the government's decision to ban dragnet fishery.
- The city fishermen use the shore seine, a huge dragnet attached to a three-kilometre long rope to catch species like the small stolephorus fish.
- Ecology Action Centre challenges the Department of Fisheries and Oceans on dragnet fishing policy.
- The use of fine-mesh dragnets by fishing crews, despite a ban by the Mauritian government, has caused huge damage to the barrier reef, and the banks of living coral that protect the entire coastline are dying.
- Groundfish - bottom-dwellers such as cod and flounder that are harvested with giant dragnets - were especially hard hit.
- An RSPCA dragnet of the area surrounding the pond failed to locate the beast, and the organisation warned locals to keep their eyes peeled for rogue reptiles.