In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine cordón(bag/waist) fruncido con un cordón o una cinta
- There isn't much to say about loops, buttons, zippers, and drawstrings except that they should be sturdy and long-lasting.
- These can be found with detail such as mesh lining, Velcro or snap buttons, and extra detail like a reflective strip, a hood, and toggle drawstrings at the hood or the waist.
- The goods arrive not in a cookie box, but in an elegant drawstring bag.
- Trousers are loose and tied at the waist with a drawstring.
- As if choosing a fabric wasn't problematic enough, just think about whether to opt for hems that are ruched, tied with a drawstring or elasticated?
- His trousers are baggy and have a drawstring at the waist.
- If you want trendier track pants, look for drawstrings in the waistband and/or around your ankles.
- We put on outer jackets and tightened the drawstrings of our hoods.
- After tenderly brushing some of the raggedy red hair out of the little painted face, the girl shoved the toy into the bag as well and pulled the drawstrings tight.
- It also offers thermal lining at the hood, a drawstring hood, and kangaroo pockets.
- Made of 100% cotton, they feature an elastic drawstring waist and a back pouch pocket.
- He then walked towards the pool and jumped in to get over the cold faster, he was a little bit worried his navy blue shorts would come off so he tightened the drawstring.
- One style includes a cell-phone pocket; another a drawstring waist.
- Good thing you have your linen drawstring pants to wear with your sleeveless T or nice button-down short-sleeve shirt.
- It has heat-sealed seams for additional waterproofing, embroiderable front-vented flaps, and concealed shockcord drawstrings at the hood and open bottom hem.
- Make adjusting them easier with a drawstring or an elastic waistband.
- You roll off the bed and into the Security Bag, pulling the drawstring closed.
- Another great sleeveless T-shirt style features a drawstring at the neckline.
- Throw a drawstring waistband into the cargo mix and you're left with a pair of linen pants that'll probably be your most comfortable pair.
- While cargo is gradually disappearing from pants, drawstrings are still present, either at the waist or the ankles (strictly for casual wear).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.