In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cordón masculine(bag/waist) fruncido con un cordón o una cinta
- Made of 100% cotton, they feature an elastic drawstring waist and a back pouch pocket.
- The goods arrive not in a cookie box, but in an elegant drawstring bag.
- After tenderly brushing some of the raggedy red hair out of the little painted face, the girl shoved the toy into the bag as well and pulled the drawstrings tight.
- Another great sleeveless T-shirt style features a drawstring at the neckline.
- One style includes a cell-phone pocket; another a drawstring waist.
- He then walked towards the pool and jumped in to get over the cold faster, he was a little bit worried his navy blue shorts would come off so he tightened the drawstring.
- As if choosing a fabric wasn't problematic enough, just think about whether to opt for hems that are ruched, tied with a drawstring or elasticated?
- Throw a drawstring waistband into the cargo mix and you're left with a pair of linen pants that'll probably be your most comfortable pair.
- These can be found with detail such as mesh lining, Velcro or snap buttons, and extra detail like a reflective strip, a hood, and toggle drawstrings at the hood or the waist.
- It also offers thermal lining at the hood, a drawstring hood, and kangaroo pockets.
- We put on outer jackets and tightened the drawstrings of our hoods.
- You roll off the bed and into the Security Bag, pulling the drawstring closed.
- If you want trendier track pants, look for drawstrings in the waistband and/or around your ankles.
- While cargo is gradually disappearing from pants, drawstrings are still present, either at the waist or the ankles (strictly for casual wear).
- Make adjusting them easier with a drawstring or an elastic waistband.
- Trousers are loose and tied at the waist with a drawstring.
- His trousers are baggy and have a drawstring at the waist.
- There isn't much to say about loops, buttons, zippers, and drawstrings except that they should be sturdy and long-lasting.
- It has heat-sealed seams for additional waterproofing, embroiderable front-vented flaps, and concealed shockcord drawstrings at the hood and open bottom hem.
- Good thing you have your linen drawstring pants to wear with your sleeveless T or nice button-down short-sleeve shirt.
del que se tira para cerrar algo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.