In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He dressed in complete black, and his green hair fell down to his shoulders in dreadlocks.
- Chris shook his head, his dreadlocks becoming free from the ponytail he put them in.
- His hair was twisted in short dreadlocks that hung down past his chin.
- Those Rastafarians with dreadlocks who never wash their hair may be on to something.
- Some of his thinning hair is tied into dreadlocks that hang down his back.
- It kind of looks a little like dreadlocks but I have braided it so that it doesn't get too tangled in the hands of a two year old.
- He had shoulder length white hair that hung in dreadlocks around his shoulders, and black sunglasses.
- He had very short hair with long dreadlocks in the back.
- I vote that we go for the water torture plan - threaten to wash his dreadlocks!
- Then we noticed that some of these cops had pony-tails, others full-on Afros and dreadlocks.
- So, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the technical and social aspects of having dreadlocks.
- It's all frizzy and damp and twisted in sweaty, frizzy chunks that almost look like dreadlocks.
- She has red-brown, extremely long hair, usually tied in a plait with two dreadlocks behind each ear.
- He had turquoise hair done in dreadlocks, which hung about his head in a messy bunch and nearly reached his shoulders.
- As I round the corner he is joined by his mate, a man with his hair in 3 dreadlocks - one huge matted one on top and two huge matted ones on either side.
- Veronica, 39, is a pretty woman with a mass of dreadlocks who lives across the street from me.
- His thick black hair was kept in long dreadlocks, perfectly framing his face.
- Within moments, my hair lost its sheen and assembled itself into blonde dreadlocks.
- While having the nose job, I was offered hair extensions in the form of multi-coloured dreadlocks.
- I left my hair the way I usually keep it, twisted in sections kind of like dreadlocks.
rizos al estilo de los rastafaris
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.