In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicineapósito masculinegasa femininemasculine vendaje
- According to Wells, use of the silver-ion formulations in wound dressings, urinary catheters, and other medical products can help to reduce infection.
- Surgical dressings are covered for as long as they are medically necessary.
- Care of the skin, good hygiene, control of skin diseases such as tinea pedis, and careful antiseptic dressings after minor wounds are all important.
- At Strathclyde University, researchers have developed wound dressings and stitches containing waterborne viruses that kill the bacteria.
- To ease his pain, morphine was administered and the medic started to apply a field dressing to the neck wound.
- More recently, it was used in both world wars as an oral medicine for battlefield infections and as a wound dressing.
- Make sure if you have open or infected wounds that these are kept covered with a waterproof dressing.
- Then he covered it up with a soft dressing to keep the wound clean.
- The fibers are also being used in dressings for wounds.
- The wound is covered with a sterile dressing, and the surgeon or nurse will tell you how to look after it until it's healed.
- Often, the wound will be covered with a dressing but left open to heal, especially if it is more than 6 hours old, as this is the best way to prevent infection.
- Visitors are also to be told not to touch wound dressings, drips and monitors of the person they are visiting.
- He undid the loose shirt he wore and showed her the angry red scars of the recently healed wounds and the dressings that still covered the deeper wounds.
- A silver-ion material that prevents bacterial contamination has been used as an additive in a medical foam for wound dressings.
- Charges for supplies used to clean the wound and reapply wound dressings, as noted on the home care progress notes, were estimated using a single distributor's price list for the first year of the study.
- The new facility in Gargrave will be used to develop new advanced wound dressings and other new items.
- For an acute burn which will be referred to a burn centre, cling film is an ideal dressing as it protects the wound, reduces heat and evaporative losses, and does not alter the wound appearance.
- Stitches will hold it in place and, after covering the wound with a dressing, he can go back to work.
- The text covers aseptic technique, local and topical anesthesia, wound dressings, sutures, and suturing techniques.
- When the operation is complete, the incisions are closed with stitches and the four small wounds are covered with dressings.
2(putting on clothes)her arthritis made dressing difficult — le costaba vestirse a causa de la artritis
(for salad)aliño masculineaderezo masculine
- Chopped and mixed with salad dressing and pickles, Spam made a passable deviled ham.
- The rest - salad dressing, ketchup, mustard - is too mundane to mention.
- A handful of potato chips or a tablespoon of salad dressing each has about 100 calories.
- We do have a home made, sugar free mint sauce and a home made oil and fat free vinaigrette salad dressing.
- That's just a few cookies or 2 tablespoons of salad dressing, but it can add up to losing 20 pounds in one year.
- It has a malty taste which may be disliked in salad dressing but appreciated in pickles.
- And you can have some unsaturated fats like salad dressing, cooking oil, nuts, and avocado.
- A fresh herb in any salad dressing really makes it sparkle.
- Make your own salad dressing - simple olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard whisked together is better than most prepared dressings.
- But it offers one more reason to eat seafood a few times a week without worrying that the soy oil in your salad dressing will cancel out the seafood's benefits.
- What's in your bottled salad dressing and mayonnaise?
- Other enemies of silver include table salt, olives, salad dressing, eggs, vinegar and fruit juices.
- It can be used in tea, as a substitute for brown sugar, for salad dressing, and for many other great things.
- Now I end up with large pools of salad dressing and cream sauce on my plate, where it has run off my lettuce leaves and meat.
- Maybe I should carry a little jar of hot fudge around with me, the way that some people carry around their own hot sauce or salad dressing.
- But sugar is also in a lot of other places you may never even suspect - smoothies, salad dressing, iced tea, spaghetti sauce, even soup!
- Below is a suggestion for a homemade honey mustard salad dressing.
- Then flavour with crushed garlic, tomato purée, chilli or fresh herbs for dips or salad dressing.
- Stay with vinegar-and-oil salad dressing, and when in doubt, ask for it on the side.
- A dash serving of full-fat salad dressing is one tablespoon.
- I'll be enjoying tomorrow with my family, eating way too much turkey and dressing, along with some fine sides and desserts.
- Start turkey and dressing five hours before you expect to serve dinner.
- Turkey and dressing are not on our list of dyes, but cranberries make a beautiful pink and red dye.
- It's the reason so many of us end Thanksgiving dinner stuffed with turkey, dressing and sweet potatoes, but somehow manage to find room for pie.
- I can't decide whether to have the traditional turkey and dressing, or to maybe do something like beef tenderloin.
- Give fruit trees and bushes a dressing of autumn fertiliser, low in nitrogen but high in potassium and phosphorous.
- My ground was prepared exactly the same for both, same amount of stable manure, everything except the side dressing of Nitrate of Soda on one and not on the other.
- A heavier than normal fertilizer dressing should be applied on paddocks that didn't receive nitrogen after the last grazing.
- My task is the opposite of the big hammer approach - sweeping, cleaning, and applying autumn dressing and mulches to those plants that need it.
- Feed with a high nitrogen fertilizer, and add side dressings of compost or aged manure to the soil to help promote rapid growth.
- A light dressing of fertiliser in the middle of April will help to get the lawn going.
- This plant is a heavy feeder, so a side dressing of compost every four to six weeks will give you optimum results.
- Heavy feeders, sunflowers appreciate a side dressing of compost or fertilizer during the growing season.
5.1(for finishing of fabrics)apresto masculine
- Most shoemakers work in big factories where conditions are usually unhealthy because of the noise and working with chemical substances such as glues, solvents and dressings.
- It is important to ensure that the dressing is rubbed well into the fabric, and not allowed to remain thickly on the surface.
5.2(of leather)curtido masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.