In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1drive-through restaurant — (restaurante donde se sirve al cliente en su coche) drive-through masculine
- drive-through car wash — túnel de lavado
- The bank, with drive-through teller lanes, carries a construction cost of $1.15 million.
- The plant's six drive-through bays can receive up to 1 million pounds of milk per hour from trucks arriving on a continuous basis.
- I know this drive-through restaurant that's close to the school.
- In the future, many of the new stores will be chosen for their suitability as drive-through restaurants.
- Both his daughters knew that the only reason he didn't use burger joint drive-through windows and make them all eat as he drove was because of the risk of spilling food in the car.
- The drive-through restaurant was quite empty.
- Though these drive-through detectors are good for quick scans at busy seaports and border crossings, they don't convey much specific information.
- They're right beside churches with drive-through confessionals.
- Taking a closer look, every fast-food restaurant points to its drive-through window as the benchmark for its service performance.
- I wonder if they have drive-through tattoo parlours.
- When time is short (or you want to stay in the cool comfort of your vehicle), drive-through windows are an easy way to go.
- Because fast food restaurants do about 60% of their business in the drive-through window, packaging labels may be preferred.
- And adding to the quaintness, I noticed that the bank's drive-through teller lanes were equipped with pneumatic tubes.
- But retail outlets and drive-through restaurants are the wrong way to go.
- This is not just to ease congestion, but also to track the movements of individual cars for commercial purposes, like figuring out where to locate drive-through restaurants.
- The drive-through cashiers at different restaurants would share a manager and so forth.
- Plans show a 6,800-square-foot branch with eight drive-through lanes on 3.27 acres.
- People living near the site objected to the plans, saying two drive-through restaurants opposite each other was too much.
- So if you think drive-through coffee shops are a good idea, maybe you should start looking for prospective sites near petrol stations in your area.
- There's also proposals for a drive-through restaurant, close to the credit union.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.