In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1USlicencia de conducción femininepermiso de conducción masculine Spain
- I grabbed my purse which held my newly acquired driver's license.
- All that's required of me is filling out a one-page form and providing a photocopy of my passport and driver's license.
- The addresses the commission uses are picked at random from driver's license and voter rolls, he said.
- Two of the suspects, according to officials, rented a car with a New Jersey driver's license.
- She tells me the clerk at the drugstore gave her a hard time over her ID - a North Carolina driver's license.
- I headed over to his house with my newly acquired driver's license and he already had some taquitos in the oven.
- I got very upset, I lost my wallet which contained my bank cards, driver's license etc, and also my camera.
- I keep my money, driver's license, credit card, ATM card and subway pass in the two front pockets of my pants.
- Car insurance is one of the requirements to get a North Carolina driver's license.
- You must also submit two kinds of government identification, such as your passport and driver's license.
- It's their first summer with that newly minted driver's license.
- Make a list of Ron's assets, as well as his Social Security, driver's license and bank account numbers.
- Josh was working, and he had to use his social security card and driver's license because he couldn't get a job otherwise.
- Police also learned that the man's driver's license had been suspended.
- Since he didn't look like he was going to take off, I started back to my car to get my insurance card and driver's license.
- Is there any connection between a hazardous materials license and a school bus driver's license?
- At most he needs your credit card and driver's license or other ID.
- With no driver's license, it can be difficult for farm workers to get to health care.
- Do you need any kind of driver's license, a special license to drive something like this?
- It's a given that once you present that driver's license, you're stating who you are.
2(less formally)carné (de conducir) masculine Spainpermiso (de conducir) masculine Spaincarné (de manejar) masculine Chilelibreta (de manejar) feminine Uruguaylicencia (de manejar) feminine Mexico Central America Venezuelapase (de manejar) masculine Colombiaregistro masculine Argentinabrevete masculine Peru
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.