In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1árbol de transmisión masculine
- Also, since there are no transmissions or driveshafts, the engine on a compact excavator powers only hydraulic motors.
- The trucks have crown and bevel gear sets which are connected to the motors by automotive style driveshafts.
- They are followed in quick succession by the center-bearing driveshaft, exhaust system and underbody panels.
- The list included the driveshaft, rear gear, rear hub, axle, all four brake calipers, all four rotors, all four brake pads, the master cylinders, the brake lines, all four shocks and all four springs.
- Other powertrain enhancements include thin-wall, cast-iron exhaust manifolds, a stronger driveshaft and a new clutch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.