In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1examen de conducir masculineexamen de manejar masculine Latin America
- When I took my driver's test, you had to do it with a manual transmission.
- Scott passed his driver's test today and can drive to school now without his dad in the car.
- Instead, I'll drive cautiously home, going under the speed limit for the first time since my last driver's test.
- A U.S. circuit court of appeals agreed, and the state returned to driver's tests in multiple languages.
- Didn't it take you six tries to pass your driver's test?
- All learners have to do these manoeuvres to be able to pass the official driving test.
- In high school, I'd failed my driver's test not once, but twice.
- Nicole was infamous for failing her driver's test - four times.
- What about the extent of the eye tests required to pass a driving test?
- I have exams coming up soon, and besides that I have to study for my driver's test.
- Then all he needs to do is pass his driving test, and his motoring accomplishments will be complete.
- Fine, I'll say it, I failed the driver's test, okay!
- I'm seriously counting down the days until I gather enough guts to actually take my driver's test.
- I am an advanced driver, and have passed my advanced driving test.
- The results of our poll tonight: 95 percent of you say all state driver's tests should be administered in English in this country - 95 percent.
- Aaron learned to drive from one of his friends, and miraculously passed his driver's test to get his license.
- I have two teenage boys, one of whom is 16 years old, on the verge of passing his driver's test, and starting a part-time job.
- Motorists who missed the deadline to convert their licences to the new credit card format should be prepared to pay fines of up to R2500 and face a six-month process of taking the learner's and driver's tests again.
- Well, the catch is that in order to race at all you must pass various driving tests to gain licences.
- I'm in a car with someone who never took a driver's test.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.