In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is also a drop-down tailgate, designed to hold weights up to 100 kg.
- Innovation continues in the boot, where the designers have introduced a split tailgate - ideal for tight town situations - with a glass that hinges like a hatchback and a drop-down lower tailgate with its own storage compartment.
- But, actually, there used to be a drop-down bar.
- Behind the drop-down door is room for a spacious, plastic trash container that keeps your daily household waste out of sight and out of mind.
- A large drop-down screen accommodates the football and rugby fans: go in any night when there's a big match on and plenty of people watching.
2(on toolbar)(menu) desplegable
- Each channel group is updated separately and only when you select it from the drop-down menu.
- These two-letter commands are accessible from the application's command line and drop-down menus and through small icons that appear above the drawing editor window.
- When someone starts typing a request into the search box, a drop-down menu appears with suggestions as to what that person could be looking for.
- You can change colors, desktop backgrounds, even add items to the drop-down menu above the toolbar.
- You can store settings for multiple Web servers and then select one from a drop-down menu when it's time to upload your files.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.