In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1martinete (de forja) masculinepilón masculinemartillo pilón masculine
- They are with young engineer Philip, from Cleveland, who has designed a trailer with a hydraulically-operated drop hammer that allows one person to fence off a field.
- Because triphammers are relatively puny compared to drop hammers, they have to work with the materials they are forging.
- Trimming should be carried out hot; furnace, drop hammer and trimming press should be as close together as possible to minimize preheating and avoid wasting time and heat.
- The process begins with the design of the part being laid up on a mold, transferred to the 'male and female dies' and then mounted to the drop hammer.
- Disclosed is a device for automatically and continuously lifting and dropping a drop hammer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.