In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dejada feminineto hit / make a drop shot — hacer una dejada
- The player should first start with a drop shot, move on to half and then 3/4 smashes, ending with full power smashes.
- As evidence of his grittiness, five times yesterday he followed a drop shot or shots with a birdie or birdies.
- The Russian fifth seed wrapped up a comfortable victory with an exquisite drop shot after 71 minutes at Beijing Tennis Center, venue for the 2008 Olympic tournament.
- Moya blew a second match point with a backhand drop shot that fell short.
- The latter was able to swat that match-ball away on a tight drop shot, jump-starting her to a 10-8 tally in that game and a swift 6-lead in the fifth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.