In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(from society, group)marginado masculinemarginada femininethey're all dropouts from big business — es toda gente que ha abandonado el mundo de los negocios
- A new study suggests Illinois higher education officials should make changes to better serve a boom in college students and reverse a growing dropout rate.
- The study was limited by the dropout rate and has not been duplicated.
- Another new administration proposal is for college completion challenge grants, designed to help lower college dropout rates.
- Their estimated dropout rate for the class of 2002 was 54 percent, compared with 36 percent for the class of 2003.
- Nonetheless, findings of this study are limited to potential school dropouts enrolled in alternative schools.
- Previous studies of marital therapy dropout have reported rates ranging from 15% to 58%.
- We are dropouts from society, useless dregs who make no contribution, so it is inevitable that people will look at us strangely and with contempt.
- Even in the study situation, the dropout rate was high, attributed primarily to noncompliance with protocols.
- Another potential limitation of this study was the dropout rate, with 30% of subjects failing to complete all three treatment arms.
- The major limitations of this study include the high dropout rate and the short treatment period.
- Thus, the studies use either dropout rates, graduation rates, or college-attendance figures to shed light on the effects of competition.
- It also found that, despite a significant dropout rate, upwards of 87 per cent found their college experience better than expected or as good as they had hoped.
- The dropout rate was similar in both study groups.
- These agents were well tolerated, as evidenced by the low dropout rate in the two studies.
- A major limitation of this study is the high dropout rate; 74% of subjects dropped out before completing the entire period of maximum medication dose.
- For example, administrators track dropout rates from particular courses, and sometimes intervene when these rates increase.
- Overall, researchers and practitioners continue to find that community college student dropout rates are significantly higher than those of senior institutions.
- And there is a dropout rate of about 40 per cent and no guarantees that after students get their post-secondary education that they are going to stay in British Columbia to use it.
- Today the dropout rate is 2 percent, and 80 percent of graduates go on to higher education, some at schools like Princeton, Dartmouth and Stanford.
- We had good numbers in the beginning but we've a huge dropout from the course because they're all very employable people that have come on it and they get offered jobs during the year.
alumno que no completa los estudios
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.