In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1consumo de drogas masculineconsumo de estupefacientes masculine formal
- A once-respectable enclave has been dragged down by endemic drug abuse.
- I would not say kids are not aware of the dangers of drug abuse, but they disregard what they know and do drugs anyway.
- Instead put it into wiping out hard drug abuse, education so people really understand the problem and the health system.
- These toxins may be due to pollutants in the environment or to such things as smoking or drug abuse.
- Solvents were the second most popular form of drug abuse, particularly among younger pupils.
- The Schmidts are not perceptive, so they did not notice the warning signs of drug abuse.
- And though it is not the best way to combat drug abuse, making it a crime to deal drugs certainly helps cut off the supply.
- Not getting the highs he was craving, Mike went to the next stage of drug abuse - injecting heroin.
- The nationwide crackdown on drug trafficking and drug abuse has produced some visible results.
- The teachers and student members will promote education about the dangerous effects of drug abuse.
- The city is full of beer bars and this group of operators and their staff have had many problems with drug abuse and dealing.
- I think that most young kids are bought up well and steer clear of rampant drug abuse opting just for the occasional experience.
- There was no evidence of cigarette smoking and no history of drug abuse or alcoholism.
- This in turn led to a dependence on them, which was then followed by drug abuse.
- He touches on racism, drug abuse and suicide without falling into melodrama.
- Children who grow up in homes where there is alcohol or drug abuse may be more likely to develop addictions.
- This has prompted a need for creative solutions to the problem of drug abuse in this country.
- Six youngsters from the club have drawn the mural, which highlights the dangers of drug abuse and the effects it has on young people.
- There will be more drug abuse, and that industry will be a front for it.
- He says this form of addiction is in some ways more dangerous than more common cases of drug abuse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.