In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1establecimiento que vende medicamentos, cosméticos, periódicos y una gran variedad de artículos
- Wouldn't you rather have her issue arrive in your mailbox as opposed to loafing around bodegas and drugstores for hours until you build up the courage to buy it?
- ‘Thigh creams’ commonly sold in drugstores often don't make the grade.
- Virtually all pharmacies, including neighborhood drugstores, sell medication in whatever quantity a physician prescribes.
- For much of the century, comics had traditionally been sold in drugstores and news-stands.
- I find that supermarkets are cheaper than drugstores, and drugstores are cheaper than convenience stores.
- The device is sold at drugstores, including CVS and Costco.
- Big drugstores sell over 200 types of antibiotics which account for 15 per cent of all the medicines sold and 20 per cent of sales.
- Hearing protection devices, like earplugs, earmuffs and canal caps, are sold in drugstores and hardware stores.
- For most of the century, opium, morphine, and cocaine were legally and cheaply available without a prescription at drugstores and grocery stores and through the mail.
- Here's a sampling of some of the newest products you'll find on the shelves of supermarkets, drugstores and mass merchandisers.
- My supermarkets and my drugstores do not carry them.
- We note when ingredients can also be bought in conventional groceries and drugstores.
- Are these sorts of masks commonly sold in drugstores?
- The next day she would secretly buy herself a hand mirror from the drugstore on the corner.
- My plan was to go to the local drugstores, gas stations or supermarkets to try and find a job.
- Coca-Cola, originally invented by a pharmacist, it was sold in a drugstore for five cents a glass.
- Walgreens' strategy is to create ‘the best, most convenient drugstores, with high customer profit per visit,’ Collins says.
- Local hospitals and drugstores selling traditional Chinese medicines are pleased to see people spend their money lavishly on the expensive paste.
- During your showers or baths this week, gently scrub your skin with a wet loofah, a natural sponge available at drugstores and natural food stores.
- We stopped at one unoccupied corner near the gate, in front of a drugstore, with the two boys shielding me from view.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.