In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1freno de tambor masculine
- Single-piston vented front discs and rear drum brakes are standard equipment.
- In addition, the plant produces corner modules, disc brake calipers, drum brakes and wheel cylinders.
- Studies have shown that disc brakes grab faster and hold longer than drum brakes.
- ‘Their purchasing department told us that drum brakes cost less than discs,’ he said, ‘and that's true on a strict part-for-part basis.’
- Low-tech rear drum brakes have been standard for even high-level compact cars like the Civic and Corolla, but the Spectra fits solid discs in the rear combined with vented discs in the front.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.