In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(state)borrachera feminineembriaguez feminine formal
- Drinking tends to take place outside the family unit and drunkenness in pubs is often tolerated, even expected.
- The crazy drunkenness that had already ensued and carried into the night ended what would be a momentous week for many.
- They all have an effect on the way we live our lives, and one of those effects is a drinking culture which reduces pleasure to drunkenness.
- He said that one of the reasons for a rise in drunkenness was that people no longer checked the strength, or measurement, of their drinks.
- Wine will not help; this is New York, where daytime drunkenness is frowned upon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.