In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pista de esquí artificial feminine
- Over the next few weeks, they will try their hand at everything from dance, drama, and disc-jockeying to motorcycling, dry-slope skiing, costume making and web-site design.
- Though the lack of mountains in this country are an obvious hindrance, the increase in indoor facilities and dry slopes mean there could be opportunity.
- Children can learn on the many dry slopes in urban areas, while the resorts offer nursery slopes.
- New Earswick skier Matthew Pirrie has taken the winner's trophy in a season-long league series of dry slope downhill races.
- The only time I've been dry-slope skiing, it snowed.
- On Monday the Borris group took time out for shopping while there was some dry slope skiing for some members.
- We've done a few dry slope sessions, but it will be brilliant to ski on real snow again.
- Now fully recovered, she is taking part in dry slope races before joining up with the England squad.
- Frankie started skiing on dry slopes at the age of seven, but she did not get her first taste of snow until three years ago.
- Around the same time I started to go to the dry slopes since one had just opened in the city.
- There was a time when dry-slope skiing at Crimple Valley, Harrogate, was the cutting edge of sporting recreation.
- I started more skiing on the dry slope in St Paul's Cray and joined the race club in 1998, and took part in competitions around England.
- Local snowboarder Mollie Boys successfully defended her British dry slope Big Air title at her home slope in Halifax over the weekend.
- A lot of people don't like to ski on a dry slope after they've had a go on real snow.
- The two teams may meet again in three weeks time at the last dry slope race before they both head out to France to race on snow.
- In fact she had found skiing quite easy on her first try out on the dry slope at Sheffield.
- Jenny started to take part in competitive dry-slope skiing three years ago and is now beginning to race on snow.
- Westmacott, who started out on the dry slope at the age of three, is particularly keen to pay homage.
- Beck learned to ski on the dry slope at Bearsden Ski Club, a facility that continues to nurture young and not-so-young beginners.
- Get in some dry-slope practice at Glasgow Ski and Snowboard Centre, Bellahouston Park, Dunbreck Road, Glasgow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.