- They've white knuckled it through the DT's, but haven't acquired the skills needed to build and maintain stable successful lives.
- The DTs can be a lethal type of alcohol withdrawal that will result in death unless the alcoholic receives immediate medical treatment.
- Withdrawal symptoms from alcohol are often popularly called rum fits or DT's.
- The DTs usually start 24 to 72 hours after a chronic alcoholic either stops or limits drinking.
- However, the DT's may occur up to two weeks after the last drink.
- delirium tremens