In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(double)(role/function/purpose) doble(citizenship/nationality) dobledual personality — doble personalidad feminine
- Hopefully, the elimination of the dual mandate will take care of that.
- His current role as executive chairman effectively combines the functions of chief executive and chairman, a dual role which is now frowned upon by institutions.
- Rather, he wanted to imitate a different aspect of Moshe: his dual role.
- Gavin Hamilton and Gary Fellows have dual roles to play.
- He wants to project that dual role.
- Inexperienced nurses usually remain in orientation for an average of five months - longer if they are expected to function in a dual role.
- The interesting aspect of this dual soundtrack is that each one presents a noticeably different version of the film.
- These critics also recognize the dual aspects of decolonization.
- Pavee's attacking sweeper played a dual role as a tough defender and made sleek wing attacks that resulted in major inroads into Big Players' defense.
- From the beginning his relationship with her has got this dual element to it.
- It was these dual aspects of perpetuity which were to assume such importance in America.
- Byrne said he was hugely impressed by the pupils' enthusiasm and by the various demonstrations and said he was being pragmatic and playing a dual role on the day in hoping to recruit new students for the college.
- I like the notion of a library as a treasure chest, since it operates as a dual metaphor.
- Foster parents should be willing to commute, be bilingual and have dual nationality.
- You combine dual aspects by being ambitious professionally and domesticated in the home and family situations.
- A word must be said about the office of coroner, which too had something of a dual aspect.
- Most commonly, acute stabilization of patients with dual disorders refers to the management of physical, psychiatric, or drug toxicity crises.
- But Parkinson, a veteran of three title triumphs during the last two decades, has decided to step down altogether, leaving Lowe to perform a dual role this summer as Darwen prepare to defend their crown.
- Now, can I turn to their arguments and address what seem to us to be their dual aspect?
- Funding dual language immersion programs and transportation programs that shuttle students between school districts can also promote school integration.
- Languages with dual markers have a different plural affix for sets of two than the affix for sets greater than two.
- Yimas proper distinguishes four numbers in its pronominal paradigm (singular, dual, paucal, and plural) while Yimas Pidgin has only three.
- It has dual number, so nouns and verbs must be learned in singular, dual, and plural.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.