In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de doble utilidad
- But the dual-use equipment, which has applications in nuclear weapons construction, has disappeared.
- It has failed to curb its exports of dual-use technology.
- It was confident none of the dual-use equipment was being used in any unauthorised way.
- The twenty-first century will be driven by dual-use technologies, which will greatly affect future conflict.
- Last year they ordered a review of licensing for arms exports and dual-use technology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.