In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1autovía femininecarretera de doble calzada femininecarretera de doble carril feminine
- Meanwhile, the RAC warned that many motorists could be seriously risking their lives by unnecessarily stopping on the hard shoulders of motorways and dual carriageways.
- Millions of pounds are spent on wider roads, motorways, dual carriageways and assorted other roads.
- Since 1996 three drivers have been killed using the gap, hit by traffic on the dual carriageway.
- The road will be a dual carriageway in parts and will include bus lanes and facilities for cyclists and pedestrians.
- The warden pounced after firemen pushed the car to the side of a busy dual carriageway to allow traffic to flow freely.
- The folk of 150 years ago would not recognise Swindon today, with its dual carriageways, fume-filled traffic jams and the Magic Roundabout.
- There was also no speed limit on many dual carriageways and open country roads.
- Removal of heavy traffic on the dual carriageway will allow Mowlem to complete the new road layouts at Forster Square and Hall Ings.
- One of the options they hope the study would look at is upgrading the trunk road to dual carriageway all the way from York to Scarborough.
- They will usually be on an open road, dual carriageway or motorway, and will be marked.
- Traffic lights operate at the junction, where the main road is a busy dual carriageway.
- Until it opens, drivers are having to use the York Outer Ring Road flyover to cross the dual carriageway.
- The new road will be a six-lane dual carriageway with two-lane service roads on either side.
- Most traffic was in the left hand lane of the dual carriageway.
- It had been feared it could be 2031 before the road became a dual carriageway.
- The dual carriageway is reduced to single lane traffic near the Mannington roundabout.
- Just before 7am police closed the dual carriageway in both directions.
- On the other side is a new link road taking motorists to a new underpass under the dual carriageway.
- The bus will also stop at the junction of the Leopardstown Road and the Stillorgan dual carriageway.
- The first defendant was driving a coach owned by the second defendant westwards in the outer lane of a dual carriageway in Hong Kong.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.